Christmas Light Bokeh


Last night we stopped by my parents and it just so happened they were decorating their giant Christmas tree. Beckett was more than happy to help, and even got to help Grandpa put the star on top. We decorated for Christmas at our house after he was in bed so he hasn't been able to play with the lights yet, but he sure has been eyeing them! He was so happy to play with the strands and we took a few pictures. Pinterest is covered with cute baby pictures with Christmas light bokeh that is just to die for. I think later this week I might attempt a mini Christmas photo shoot in our house.

Speaking of Pinterest..... I noticed the stats on my blog showed hundreds of views in the last week or so to this old post of Beckett under the tree when he was a baby. I thought it must be an error, but after some investigating found out that the picture of him has been pinned all over Pinterest multiple times by people I don't know. This is one of my favorite pictures I ever taken so I am a little flattered, but I also feel a little weird about it. Obviously I have no problem keeping a public blog with too many pictures to count, but for some reason the Pinterest thing made me feel a little uneasy. I think it's because I feel like only people who know us actually look at my blog, even if it is public. But I didn't know a single person that pinned his picture on Pinterest. After thinking about it for a few minutes I'm not bothered by it anymore, but social media is a funny thing and I think you have to put a lot of thought into how you want to use it.

There is just a smidgen of snow falling outside, and we're headed to Temple Square tonight. Christmas music is playing, and I've started putting presents together for friends and neighbors. Christmas is almost here!

0 comments: