Operation Workout Daily, Commence Immediatly

These pictures have nothing to do with this post, but this kid loves his hats. Indoors, outdoors, baseball, or beanie, he doesn't care. 

Lately all of my clothes seem to be shrinking. It's strange because the majority of my clothes get hung up to dry. I was cleaning the basement and noticed the dusty scale in the corner and decided to give it a go. Oh wait. My clothes aren't shrinking, I'm growing. Now I see. 

I used to count calories, weigh myself daily, workout daily, and be very conscious of what I was eating. After being pregnant for 10 months (I don't know why they say it's 9), and breastfeeding for 13 months, all that went out the window. I have a new habit: eat what you want, when you want, and as much as you want. It's worked well for the past two years, but ending breastfeeding is a real party crasher on your metabolism. Dang you decietful nursing and your calorie burning ways. The habits I was in pre-baby were second nature to me, now I'm going to have to re-learn them. If I don't, then I'm going to have to go shopping for new clothes soon. Actually I'm too cheap for that, I suppose I could just break out my maternity clothes. No, it's time to get my butt in gear and start working out every day. Exercise and eating good go hand in hand for me; I have a really hard time doing one without the other. When I exercise, eating healthy comes very easily for me because my body craves more nutritious food, but I also don't want all that hard work to go to waste on a stupid donut that lasts two seconds. So I don't I need to focus on my eating habits, instead I need to make a plan for working out every day. If I do that, eating better will just naturally happen. 

I currently run with a friend on the two days I don't work, but that's not cutting it. I'm not a runner, and although it's good for me to get my cardio in, strength training is the quickest way for me to lose weight and get toned. Look out flabby flab, we're not friends anymore. Although I did cherish our time spent together. 

Plan of Attack

Monday- 5:00 AM work out at home before Beckett wakes up. I want to get some weights, but until then P90X if Mark gets up with me, or some intense yoga if I'm working out solo. 

Tuesday- Run with Beckett 

Wednesday- Run with Beckett to the park if the weather is good. Push ups, lunges, and stretching while he plays on the toys. If the weather is bad then I can do another morning work out, or at night after Beckett goes to bed. This would be a last resort because I hate working out at night. 

Thursday- Run with Beckett

Friday- Same as Monday. 5:00 AM work out at home before Beckett wakes up. I want to get some weights, but until then P90X if Mark gets up with me, or some intense yoga if I'm working out solo. 

Saturday- Something fun like hiking, bike ride, tennis, snowboarding, or rock climbing. If schedules and weather don't allow that, then I'll do something at home in the morning or during nap time. 

I used to blame Beckett not sleeping through the night and/or working full time on not working out consistently. Now I have nothing. I have plenty of free time, I get lots of sleep, and I'm happier when I exercise. I'm actually looking forward to making this party of my daily routine; working out has never been something I dread. I just need to get back in the habit. It's a myth that it takes 21 days to make a habit. Current studies show the average is 66 days. 66 is a little less inspiring than 21, but hopefully my body will remember that it used to do this and how much I loved it. Until then, I'm going to have to stick to pants that have a little stretch in them. 

0 comments: