And It Is Worth It

Because I'm nursing every three hours all day long, I have a lot of time where I'm forced to sit and either read or stare at the wall. I was recently reading some of my old blog posts and came across this very negative post from when I was pregnant called It's Worth It. I obviously wrote this when I wasn't feeling the greatest. I just had to laugh because at the time I was so tired of people telling me that being pregnant and labor wasn't that bad and that it's all worth it. Now that it's over with and I get to hold my sweet baby in my arms, I couldn't agree more. I was so freaked out by the changes my body was making and loss of control I had over it. Now I have a new appreciation for my body and the amazing things it's able to do. It felt like my body would never be mine again, and even once it was, it wouldn't look the same. I am a little squishier around the middle now and my arms aren't as toned as they once were, but those things don't seem to matter like they used to. Who cares if my tummy pooches a bit? I'm proud of my new Mom body; it's stronger and can do more than I ever knew possible. 

I was very skeptical while I was going through morning sickness, but now I can see that everyone was right. Every moment of being sick, having an achy back, feeling exhausted, and being in labor is all worth it. I can't say I loved being pregnant, but I would go through it all again in a heart beat. I would go through it all again if it was 10 times worse. In fact, there isn't a thing thing I wouldn't go through for my little guy. Not a single thing.




0 comments: