7th Year Anniversary- 36 Weeks

This really is the final stretch. Within a month I'll finally get to hold my little baby boy in my arms. In so many ways I feel like I already know him and he is part of our family, but I have never held him or even seen him. Come out little guy, we are ready for you!

The first time I was pregnant I didn't understand why people always said they just hated the last month of being pregnant and couldn't wait for it to be over. I slept well, I felt well, I was scared to death to go into labor, and I was so focused at work that I was in denial when I went in to labor two days after my due date. Although I'm not necessarily looking forward to labor or the first few rough weeks after, I know what to expect and I know how to be prepared for it. I know how special having a newborn in our home is, and it can't come soon enough. I am sleeping terribly, I swear I waddle when I walk, my back aches like nobody's business, and my morning sickness is returning. I am now joining all those other women when I say I can't wait to have this baby and I am not looking forward to being pregnant for another long month. 

We had a great weekend celebrating our anniversary/Valentine's day. I don't think we would be big Valentine's day people normally, but it always falls on the same weekend as our anniversary so we usually do something fun to celebrate. This year Beckett stayed at my parents and we got massages and went out to dinner. The last maternity massage I had you were on your side, but this time they had a fancy thing that allowed me to lay on my stomach. There are no words to describe how happy I was. I would have gladly paid the money just to lay there on that table and not even have the massage. Beckett had the time of his life as always when he stays at his grandparents. We took him swimming and he went down the giant water slide on my lap three times. The first time took some convincing, but after that he was hooked and I was so proud of him. 

I'm very aware that I am lacking in prego pictures. I'm not sure if it's because the only time I am wearing anything besides sweats and Mark's shirts is while I'm at work, or if it's because I feel like the size of a planet, but I just haven't cared to document this ever-growing torpedo belly like I did before. But one of tomorrow's goals is to put on something other than yoga pants, and actually take a picture. The other is to pack a hospital bag. I think I had bags packed and sitting by the door two months before I was due with Beckett. This time I just can't find the mental energy to do it. Because it's the very last thing on my check list of things to do before the baby is born, I feel like that by packing a bag I am saying I am ready to go into labor. Which I will never be ready for. I know I am contradicting everything I wrote in the second paragraph, but I am hormonal and pregnant, therefore I am allowed to do so. 






0 comments: