It's Almost Been a Year!


Beckett is almost one. I can't believe his birthday is almost here! I've just recently started to feel like things are so much easier. I haven't ever felt like he was "hard", but since I've stopped nursing him during the day I'm amazed at how much more freedom I feel. If we are out I don't have to try to find a place to feed him. When planning our schedule for the day he just eats when I eat. I have definitely taken advantage of being able to leave him with Mark and not worrying about pumping and/or thawing bottles. Shopping, girl's nights, and photo shoots just became so much more convenient. 

Another thing that has happened within the last few weeks is I'm really starting to feel like myself again. My body is mine and it's not doing all this crazy stuff that I wasn't sure how to deal with anymore. My appetite is going back to normal, my hair is coming back thick again and going back to it's usual texture, and all wacky hormones seem to have evened out. According to the scale I weigh the same as before getting pregnant, but I swear my clothes fit different. That's one thing I'm going to have to work on haha, but other than that I feel like the old me again. 

I've been putting a lot of thought into how I'm going to get Beckett to stop waking up once a night to eat. I'm sure at this point it's just for comfort, and although it doesn't bother me to get up, those top teeth are just about in and I'm nervous about nursing once those suckers are here! I think I'm ready to be done, but as much as I hate to say it, I don't know how to get through the night without it. When he is teething or having a rough night, it works every time and we all sleep peacefully. I'll come back to this topic once I've decided what I'm going to do.... 

I have completed my first "week" of work and just like I thought it would, it seemed like the perfect balance. I didn't feel like every second spent at home had to be completing a task off my to do list like last winter, and also didn't feel like I was staring at the clock waiting for the time to pass like some days this summer. I have said it before, but I still can't get over how lucky I am to be able to do my job just three days a week. It's a little stressful and there will be some kinks to work out, but because I work with such freaking awesome people it will be ok. 

Beckett is very close to walking. He has figured out he can stand up without holding on to anything. He likes to see how long he can balance and gets this goofy grin on his face because he is so proud of himself. I have a feeling his first steps are just a few weeks away! 

We have been on the go almost every weekend this summer, but this weekend we just spent a lot of time working in our yard and playing outside. Beckett likes to "help" with his wheel barrow, the hose, and by eating the wood chips. Thanks buddy.






0 comments: