Flu of Death


The flu has hit, and it's hit me hard. I feel like I haven't had the flu in several years; long enough that I started to feel invincible. Well, this year it got me good. I've been sick since Saturday. I don't know what Mark and Beckett did over the weekend, but I stayed in bed and woke up when Mark brought Beckett to me so I could feed him. Then I went back to trying to sleep with a 102 fever. Mark stayed home from work yesterday and took me to the doctor. They didn't test me for H1N1, but assumed that's what I have and just put me on the medicine for it anyway to help the flu go away faster. At first my oxygen levels were reading very low which made the doctor "concerned". I was actually relieved though. I was hoping that I had something wrong with me other than the flu, even if it was worse, so that Beckett isn't at risk for catching H1N1. I'm scared to death. I don't feel like I was very careful the first day or so of washing my hands constantly and not kissing him. I don't even care that I don't feel good. I'm a little stressed that I'm missing work, but really my only concern is that I feel like I can't be a good mom when I don't feel well. Today my parents are taking care of him while I stay at home and rest. Hopefully this will protect him from me and also help me to get better faster. 

Playing Peek-a-Boo at the stop light

1 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm so sorry you got the flu. . .ugh! On a happier note, Beckett is adorable:)