New Year's Eve


New Year's Eve around here was pretty uneventful. We gave Beckett a bath, watched a movie, and then laid in bed listening to our fun neighbors shoot off fireworks until about 12:30. Luckily Beckett slept through it. I'm not much of a late night person and I honestly think this is the first year since we've been married that I stayed up until midnight! Maybe I was a little excited because 2013 has been the best year of my life and I think it's only going to get better. 

On another note..... 
My love of ice cream runs deeper than any woman's love of chocolate, I swear. It is a true addiction; something I've had almost every day since I can remember. It sounds pretty dramatic, but it's true. When I found out Beckett was sensitive to dairy, nursing suddenly got a lot harder. I have gone four months without a single bite of ice cream, and somehow I survived! I've suspected that Beckett has grown out of his dairy intolerance for a few weeks now, but I have been so scared to try. If his tummy was hurting and it was my fault for not having any self-control I would have felt awful. I finally gave in the other night and after he went to bed, I went out a got a shake. It was absolutely to die for. I was very nervous for what the next day had in store, but he was just fine! Whooooo!!!!!! Bring on the yogurt, cream cheese, shakes, and smoothies!

I've been thinking this experience would cure me and I would learn that I do not need ice cream every day of my life. Instead I feel like I have four months of ice cream eating to catch up on!

Happy New Year everyone!

0 comments: