Simplify

I have three days of work left. I never really thought I would ever be able to say that I stay home full-time with my kiddos, but it's about to happen! Working part-time has been a huge blessing and something that I'm so grateful I could do, but sometimes it still wasn't enough. Have you ever felt like you're dropping your kids off at daycare every day, so you can go to work to pay for daycare and the car you need to get there? Like you do the same thing day after day and week after week? Like you want something more out of life, but you can't figure out how to get it? I've been there. I don't have it all figured out yet, but I'm busting my butt to make sure that I'm not just letting life happen to me. That I figure out what it is that makes me happy, and then figure out how to make it happen. In just a few months we've gone from a mortgage, two car payments, a motorcycle payment, a yard to maintain, and 2 busy jobs, to 1 car, no mortgage, and 1 monthly bill.... our phones. Some may argue that what we are doing is irresponsible, but I feel more in control of my life, less stressed, and happier. 

I'm not saying that traveling is the answer for everyone, but if it's something you want to do, you can make it happen! Or if you're just tired of letting work run your life, then make a change. It may require some serious simplifying, but I'm quickly learning that simple is better anyway! I spent every spare second of my time for weeks searching for a job that would allow me to work at home. Thanks to the internet, there are more remote jobs than ever before. There's no need to wait until retirement to do what you love, or live the way you want to live. I usually get annoyed when people get on their inspirational soap box, but for some reason I'm in the mood right now. Figure out what it is that makes you happy, how to get it, and then go for it! 















Taylor Fork Canyon, a secret pond, and Beckett's first road rash.





0 comments: