Mom Thoughts

Here are some random thoughts from my random mom brain today:

  • See those shoes in the first picture? Sure they look like water shoes/slippers or something from Star Trek, but they are the best kid shoes yet! They are super flexible, breathable, and great in water. The best part is the sand and wood chips located on every playground in Utah can not get in! Beckett has a freak out if sand gets in his shoes so sandals and flip flops are out. Even tennis shoes seem to get sand in them and they are so hot. These shoes have been perfect. You can find them on Amazon here
  • I thought I knew about hunger when I was pregnant, but that was nothing. I am HUNGRY at all times of the day. This is not a joke. Nolan is eating 4 oz every 2 hours or so which means I am burning a lot of calories! I can eat enough to have that wonderful full feeling last about 10 minutes, and then I am hungry again. Our grocery budget may need some adjusting. 
  • You know your kids have the greatest dad ever when he sets up a campground in your backyard to make up for your rained out camping trip. Complete with a camp fire, roasting marshmallows, sleeping in the tent, and peeing on the bushes. 
  • Sometimes I stress about how I am going to fit a work out in every day, but then I came to the conclusion that I am working out all day every day by taking care of my boys instead of sitting at my desk at work. Cardio: jump on trampoline for 45 minutes and push double stroller to and from park. Biceps: carry ridiculously large 2 month old and average sized 2 year old up and down stairs multiple times a day. Thighs: do 100 squat/bounces at every nap to get baby sleepy. Triceps: Hold baby straight out in front of you and bounce them up and down. Do 3 sets of 25. Now that I have come to this realization I can stop feeling guilty about secretly eating ice cream while both kids are napping instead of working out. 







0 comments: