Is it a Boy?- 17 Weeks


Earlier this week I had one of my regular doctor's visits. She hadn't planned to do an ultrasound, but I asked her to take a peak to see if she could tell if it was a boy or a girl. Because my doctor is awesome, she said yes. Mark wasn't with me so I asked her to write it down and put it in an envelope, but as she handed to me she said she was only 90% sure and I would have to wait until my 20 week ultrasound to be certain. I waited ALL day long for Mark to get home so we could open it. I haven't had a single person tell me they think it's a boy, so we were a bit surprised when we opened the envelope to see the ultrasound picture above! It was still hard to wrap my mind around knowing that my doctor wasn't absolutely certain. I had an sonographer I know through my school look at the picture the next day and she said she is only 80% certain it's a boy. If you ask Beckett, he is still positive it is a girl. After looking at the picture it seems as clear as day to me that those are little boy parts you can see, but apparently girls look a lot like boys early on until they are more developed. I am 17 weeks which should be far enough along to tell, but it could also be a hand. So now we wait some more. I almost wish I would have just waited a few more weeks because although I'm pretty sure it's a boy, I'm not making any definite plans. So to sum things up, we're still in the exact same boat we were before.  Either way I will be thrilled though. I just want to know so I can figure out our bedroom situation, decorations, and baby clothes of course! 

0 comments: