Estes Park, CO- 14 Weeks

Mark and I took a little weekend getaway to Estes Park, just the two of us. My parents took Beckett for the weekend and of course spoiled him to pieces. All he wanted to do once we got home was go back to their house. We missed him like crazy while we were there, but it was really nice to be able to go on a trip on our own. It will probably be the last time we go away by ourselves for quite a while because I don't plan to do it again while I'm pregnant, and then there is probably a year or so of nursing and all that jazz. I was surprised at how sick I got from all the traveling around. All the flying and driving was a lot for someone who gets motion sick easily. It was worth it though. 

We flew into Denver and headed straight for Estes. The restaurants in town were so fun, but don't worry, I'm not one to take food pictures. Other people's vacation food pictures make me sick even when I'm not pregnant. We then went "hiking" in the Rocky Mountain National Park for a few hours. My version of hiking is pretty wussy these days. I get winded just getting dressed in the morning. But Mark needed to save his energy for the next day anyway. He competed at the Longs Peak Scottish Festival Saturday, and rocked it. He took third place in has class, and I was able to just sit in the sun and enjoy it all day. Beckett is always good when Mark throws, but not spending the day chasing him around was pretty relaxing. The next day we went back into RMNP for some more hiking.... this one was a bit more intense. It was only 3 or 4 miles, but it was all uphill and I thought my heart was going to pop right out. But the views of the lakes we saw were incredible. One day I will learn about landscape photography; I just can't ever seem to capture how beautiful places like that are through my lens. But I promise, it was breathtaking. 
























1 comments:

Mandy and Brian Porter said...

I think your pictures do look breathtaking! It makes me want to go!