A Charlie Brown Christmas Tree



I took this picture of Beckett lying under our Christmas tree last year. It is one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken (and I have taken a lot of pictures). When I imagined Beckett and the Christmas tree this year, I imagined the exact opposite of this peaceful and sweet picture. More like Beckett tearing off every ornament until nothing is left on the lower three feet, attempting to climb the tree, drinking water out of the stand, and pine needles everywhere. I just couldn't handle the thought of a constant battle to keep him out of the tree this year, so we opted for a baby tree on top of the hutch. It looks a little absurd, but it's actually starting to grow on me. It was cheaper, easier to load in the car, and simple to decorate. The best part is our house smells like pine, which to me, is the smell of Christmas. Beckett's face when he sees the lights just melts my heart. His mouth makes a perfect "O" shape, his eyes light up, and he says "ooooooooooohhhhhh". 


1 comments:

Shantay said...

The last picture is the best! He looks so excited!