9 Month Summary


Teething
Two teeth! The second little chomper came through. He had a fever and was a little grouchy, but nothing near as bad as when the first tooth came. With some Tylenol and Ibuprofen he slept great. I think we only used Orajel once or twice and with the first tooth I nearly used the entire tube. 

Sleeping at Night
I feel like Beckett has always been a pretty good sleeper, but this month has been the best yet. He always sleeps at least 11 hours and sometimes will do 12. He wakes up to eat usually only once in the night, everyone once in a while twice. I feel like we're on the right track to not waking at all by the time he is one. 

Dairy
I thought for sure that Beckett had outgrown his dairy intolerance. I started having a little bit of dairy every few days and hadn't had any problems. Then one weekend I decided to try having yogurt and ice cream a little more consistently. I was so excited! After three days of consistent dairy he was constipated, had trouble sleeping, and was grouchier than ever. I felt TERRIBLE. I have been so confused about what dairy products I can and can't have, but I have come to the conclusion it doesn't matter. What matters is how often I have dairy. If it's once every few days he seems to be just fine, but after a multiple days in a row it really starts to mess with his tummy. I really hope that he outgrows it soon and isn't lactose intolerant. 

Naps
During the week Beckett usually takes three naps. That is because he falls asleep in the car in the morning when gets picked up from my work. On the weekend when we aren't driving much, he takes only two naps. Once I am home for the summer (just a few more weeks!) then my goal is to have him taking two 90 minute naps at consistent times each day. 

Reflux
STILL on reflux meds. Maybe... just maybe this will be the month we can stop! 

Nursing
It might just be a little nursing strike, but it seems like Beckett is starting to wean himself a little. I pump all week long so my supply hasn't been affected, but the last two weekends I thought I was going to explode because he is not very interested in nursing! He just seems more interested in playing with his toys or real food than nursing. He hasn't had a problem taking his bottles though. I'm hoping it's just a phase because I really want to make it a year. 

Baby Led Weaning
I'm still doing a combination of homemade baby food and BLW. Letting him feed himself is so messy that I only do it for dinner. I strip him down to his diaper at dinner time and then it's directly to the bathtub. During the day he is mostly having home made baby food if anything at all. I don't really worry about how big of bites he takes when he is feeding himself. Occasionally he still gags, but he has learned how big of pieces he can swallow and is very good at spitting out pieces of food that are too big. Now that he can pick up little pieces I've started feeding him whatever Mark and I are having for dinner more often. Tonight we had spicy turkey lettuce wraps. It was perfect because the filling was ground turkey and chopped up veggies. I put some on his tray and he went to town, it even had Siracha Sauce in it! 

Size
It's so nice that Beckett has been in the same size of clothes for a few months now. He wears size 4 diapers, 18-24 month onsies and 12 month pants. 

Skills
We're on the verge of crawling! I feel like I've been saying that for several weeks now, but he is so close! He can move on wood or tile by pulling himself with his hands, but he hasn't figured out how to use his legs yet. He's got the crawling position down and can rock like a mad man, but has yet to move his arms or legs. On Mother's Day Beckett started waving goodbye. He hasn't done it again since, but it was the best Mother's Day present!

0 comments: