Daylight Savings


I am a huge fun of longer days. I have been looking forward to this time change for several weeks now. But one thing I am not a fan of: messing with my baby's schedule. I debated about the best way to adjust his bed time and wake time. Rather than trying to ease into it, my plan was to just wake him up Monday morning at the correct time (which would feel an hour early to him), and hopefully it wouldn't take too many days of that to adjust. My goal is for Beckett to wake up at 6:45, but most days he wakes up sometimes between 6:15 and 6:30. I don't know how this happened, but this morning he woke up at 6:20 (5:20 to him), and although I was so tempted to rock him back to sleep and get into bed for another hour or two, I just decided to go with it. It set up his nap schedule for the day just right and tonight he went to bed at 7:30 which is his usual time. I thought for sure we would be doing an 8:30 bed time for several days until he adjusted. Hopefully he sleeps well tonight. So far, 10:00 and all is well!

0 comments: