Having a Baby Has Changed Me Forever


I knew my life was going to change forever when I had a baby, but I didn't know that I was going to change. Beckett makes me want to be a better person in every aspect of my life. I want to be an example to him, someone he looks up to, and someone he can trust. I want to improve as much as I can spiritually so I can teach him to have a close relationship with his Heavenly Father. I want to have healthier eating habits so that he will love vegetables and nutritious food. I'm more careful about the words that I say and the attitude I have because I want him to speak kindly of other people and have an optimistic outlook on life. My heart grew larger than I knew possible the day he was born. It didn't only grow with love for him, but for everyone. I'm finding myself to be more compassionate, understanding, and giving to others. When I used to hear sad stories involving children, I knew they were sad, but I didn't feel pain. Now a story of a mother losing her baby or a child being abused brings me to tear in seconds. My heart hurts for other people, even complete strangers, in a way I didn't know possible. I do not know what it's like to go through something like that, but I now know what it's like to feel the love a mother has for her baby. I want to help people that are struggling and do as much as I can to serve others. I want Beckett to learn to help people and to always be kind to everyone. He came to this earth so loving, sweet and innocent; I hope he stays that way forever. His sweet spirit has filled my heart to the brim and made me want to be the best Mom and example to him that I know how.

0 comments: