2 Month Check Up

Oh my heart almost broke in half when I had to hand my smiling, cooing, unsuspecting baby boy over to the devil nurses with needles in hand and evil grins on their lips. Ok they were actually very nice and good at their jobs, but when I heard that terrible scream erupt from such a small little body my instinct was to shove them out of the way and karate kick their heads as I scooped Beckett into my arms. In reality,  I'm very grateful for immunizations and that they did such a good job, but I think it was harder on me than it was on him! I timed it so that he would just be getting hungry when we got there. They were nice enough to let me stay in the room after the shots and nurse him for a bit. It calmed him right down and I'm happy I read that little tip online somewhere, otherwise I would have been leaving the office with a howling baby. I gave him some Tylenol right away and he is now in the deepest sleep he's been in since his first week of life. I hope he doesn't wake up with a fever, but just in case I have nothing planned the rest of the day except to hold and cuddle him until he feels better. 

The good news is that he is weighs 12.5 pounds and is in the 80th percentile for weight! Hearing the doctor say that was like being awarded a giant gold medal while being surrounded by balloons and confetti falling from the ceiling with a giant banner that reads, "Congratulations! You can feed and keep a baby healthy and alive!"



He zonked the second we got into the car. Poor little dude. That mirror is one of my favorite new things! It makes driving by myself less stressful and hopefully soon he will be able to see me in it. 

0 comments: