Dear Pregnant Body - 27 Weeks

Dear Pregnant Body,

I know many people feel that what is happening to you right now a "beautiful and wonderful" thing, but quite frankly, you're freakin' me out big time. Every day I wake up not knowing what to expect, and every day you surprise me. I don't think I need to go into too much detail here, you know what I'm talking about. Each day it's something new, crazy, weird, and sometimes just gross. I know you are making a baby, but I swear half of the things you've got going on really shouldn't have anything to do with that, but apparently they do. Obviously you know more about this stuff than me. I am so grateful you are able to create life and do what you're supposed to do, but no offense, I like my other body better. It was much more predictable. It did what I told it to, and it could handle jeans that button. In fact there is a very long list of things it could handle better. All that aside, I do love you. I love that you are creating this tiny wonderful little life that is our son. That itself, is enough to excuse all your other bad behavior. I don't like it, but I suppose I will put up with it just a few more months. But after this is all over, I would really appreciate it if you would start doing things that make sense again.

Love, Jamie

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm with you on this! Although, I do really love my pregnant body, I'm not loving the weird things that it's doing without any warning or knowledge on my part. Weird.