102 Days To Go- Week 25


Can these pictures be any more awkward to take? What the heck am I supposed to do with my arms? I'm definitely not going to rest one on top and one on bottom of the baby bulge (Mark's term). That's weird, but so is just dangling them to the side like an orangoutang. That's why my face looks so cheesy cause I was definitely not feeling the moment. It doesn't matter, the point here is that belly pictures are weird, but something I want to have. Plus you can see the beginnings of the room coming together. I'm definitely going with a nautical theme, hence the boats in the background. Not sure what that dog is doing in the picture, he's clashing with the nautical theme and I don't even know who invited him. I have had some people say, "You're hardly showing at all!" And I'm thinking, "Great I've always looked like this?"

I still haven't purchased any maternity clothes, but I'm working up the nerve and getting close. I had two maternity items in my cart at Target yesterday and after much deliberation and convincing myself that all I need are maxi skirts and stretchy shirts, I put them back. After the daily frustrating task of getting ready for work this morning where I usually yell and growl and throw lots of clothes on the floor, I was regretting that decision.

My appetite has finally subsided a bit. I don't feel like I'm going to rip everyone's heads off and eat my chair if I don't get food the second I'm hungry anymore. I'm hardly ever nauseous so I am eating a lot less bread and back to more fruits and vegetables. Whatever baby developments happen the first 20 weeks were dependent on carbs and ice cream, but I'm determined that this last half is going to be much more nutritious!

At my last appointment I had gained 10 lbs, but that was almost a month ago. I used to weigh myself every day before I was pregnant, but I've made a point to avoid the scale for now. I really had to change my mind set and realize that gaining weight is good and that it's nature's way of taking care of the baby. I'm learning to embrace the chub......... embrace the chub.

2 comments:

Brian Porter said...

You're looking so cute! I agree, belly pictures were always awkward but still nice to have...

Brian Porter said...

oh and p.s. that was Mandy...not Brian. Because that would also be awkward...