This News Is As Big As An Elephant!

EVERYONE! We are looking to buy a house! No more wasting a million.5 dollars every month by flushing our money down the rent toilet. It's a little bit scary because buying a house is a big commitment, but so is marriage and we've done pretty good with that so far. I'm sure we'll be fine. We've already been approved for the loan. Basically the only hold up is the apartment contract we're in so I think we're going to move in May. Mark's working in Bountiful and I'm working in Riverdale so we want something in betweenish. Farmington would be my first choice, but apparently we could only afford a cardboard box on .01 acres there. We're thinking Kaysville, Syracuse, Clearfield area.

The things we're looking for in a house are #1. A fenced in yard so we can get one of these:


We've already named him and even though we haven't met I know he'll be the best running/camping/hiking/fun dog ever! I think the yard is Mark's first priority and I would be fine if it was practically a tent sitting on a really big yard with huge trees. #2. I will sacrifice house size for quality any day (I might not say that once our house is bursting with kids). We want something newer (or older and fixed up) and in a safe neighborhood rather than older (stinkier) and bigger. #3. Trees. And lots of them. I don't want to live in one of those neighborhoods that looks like a field of identical houses spaced 3 feet apart. But if that's where we end up I'm sure I'll learn to love it! We don't know the area very well, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

6 comments:

Sherylen said...

My home is for sale! It has a big yard and big trees, and is mostly fenced. To bad it is not in the SLC valley.:(

krystale said...

go girl it's your birthday. nice blog

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Yay! It is so fun!

chloé said...

sorry i am just commenting back now! but thanks for stopping by my blog! i sure do love mindy! and how exciting that you are buying a house! it was the best decision that we ever made. (we just bought one six months ago) and isn't D.I. the greatest? seriously, i have always underestimated that place until i bought my house. now i walk in there with a completely different set of eyes.. as cheesy as that might sound. anyway, yay for new blog friends! :)

Lucky Monkey said...

There are alot of houses for sale in my ward.. I live in Fruit Heights but my ward is Farmington. I don't know price wise how they run, but I think it is decent for Farmington. Message me on Facebook if you want. This is Alicia (Brown) Romero

Evα ♡ said...

ooow :) so beautiful !