My Car Was Impounded. Great.

Saturday Night


Coming home from a wonderful date night of watching Tangled and eating at Macaroni Grill. While on the always impossible hunt for a parking spot at our apartment complex....


Jamie: Dude it's freezing. Just park in the handicap spot so that we don't have to walk so far.
Mark: No way. Well I guess that one truck sat there for two days.
Jamie: Yayaya it's no big deal. Come on come on my toes are going to fall off.
(Mark is totally hesitant, but doesn't want his wussy wife to have to walk in the cold)

Sunday Morning

Walking downstairs to go to church...

Jamie: Well dear you look nice.
Mark: Oh why thank you. You look very nice yourself.
Jamie: Where is my car?
Mark: (Look of disbelief) They towed it.
Jamie: You're kidding. Are you kidding? You have to be kidding.
Mark: Nope. Well do you want to go to church or go find it?
Jamie: What if it was stolen? Oh my gosh oh my gosh....

20 Minutes Later

Grouchy Tow Truck Man on the phone: Yep we've got it. You can pick it up at 1:00. Bring $226 in cash.
Jamie: Gee thanks.


Dear Mazda,

I'm sorry you are sitting in the stinky car jail with Grouchy Tow Truck Man. We will come rescue you as soon as possible. Let me just sell my right arm first.

Love, Jamie

2 comments:

krystale said...

terrible! poor baby. love the blog btw

Brooke T said...

Aww I'm sorry that happened!! Now you have a good story to tell though! I love your blog and to email me at brightwishes@hotmail.com and I'll tell you all about the color boards :) I'd love for you to submit one!