DISNEYLAND


Our trip to California was the perfect Anniversary and Valentines Day! If you want to see all of the pictures you can go HERE. How about a little recap, shall we?

Day 1




We drove and drove and drove and drove. Not to be worried about our level of boredom though, we listened to Disney music most of the way. Mark has a great Mrs. Pots impersonation. After arriving at our not so fancy pants of a hotel, we decided that we would spend the extra $ for a nicer hotel room next time haha. But I was in LOVE with the bed. I haven't slept that great in years. This only furthered my desire to buy a new bed.

Day 2 




My first Disneyland experience was everything I ever imagined and much more! I just thought it would be a warmer version of Lagoon with Goofy and Mickey Mouse bouncing around. Who would have though it was such a magical place! Mark and I would like to rent our next apartment there. A parade every morning and afternoon, amazing fireworks every night, churros for every meal, live music all day long, barbershop quartets roaming the streets... I could go on. I was wide eyed with a perma-grin.

Mark has been talking about taking me to the Blue Bayou for a while now so we were getting really excited! It's this awesome restaurant you can see from Pirates of the Caribbean ride with an incredible atmosphere of hanging lanterns, a river, fire flies, and a New Orleans background. We checked the first night to make reservations for either our anniversary or Valentines Day and they had been booked for two weeks! Depressed and hungry we stood outside the restaurant debating between Taco Bell and Wendy's. Somehow we got lucky and the host came and told us there was an empty table if we were still interested. I'm so happy we got in. The food was delicious and it was one of my favorite things we did the whole weekend!

Day 3




We went to California Adventure which was new to both of us. The rides were so fun, but much more intense than Disneyland. We're both still recovering from the motion sickness. We were able to ride everything we wanted to and go to the Aladdin Show. Mark dealt with his jealousy of my crush on Aladdin and his pouffy pants by talking about this time he took Belle on a date. The show was complete with an elephant, Jasmine and Aladdin flying over the audience on the magic carpet, and the genie cracking jokes.

I  may or may not have climbed into that beautiful fluffy giant bed and fell asleep at 8:00 PM. I couldn't help it. There's only so much churro eating and roller coaster riding one girl can handle.

Day 4


I forgot how much I love the ocean. We went to Huntington Beach for the day and played frisbee, swam, and had lunch at Ruby's Diner on the pier. My family always goes to the Ruby's near Carlsbad so it was fun to take Mark there. 

While we were playing frisbee in the waves I think we were robbed, but by who I'm not sure. This rather  mysterious looking local who was near our spot on the sand told me that while we were gone a seagull came and stole our barely opened bag of Sun Chips. 1. I was mad/sad because I LOVE Sun Chips. 2. There wasn't any spilt chips or evidence of a bird burglar digging through our bag. 3. After further investigation I noticed a half buried Sun Chip bag next to her towel. Mark said if she was that hungry she needed to steal our chips than it's ok. Whatever, if she's that hungry there's a whole ocean full of fish. 



After a healthy dose of sun we headed back to spend our last night at Disneyland. Riding the rides at night is so much more exciting, and so much colder if you ride Splash Mountain! I hate to break it to anyone that says Oakley Rodeo, Stadium of Fire, or Idaho Falls has the best fireworks around, but Disneyland has you all beat! I've never seen anything like it. I'm currently applying for the position of Tinkerbell flying over the crowd while the fireworks are going. What a great job! Mark is also applying for the barbershop quartet.

Day 5


Ill from too many treats, and sore from miles of walking, we drove back to St. George. My favorite rides were Space Mountain (I think we rode it 4 or 5 times), Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, and Hollywood Tower. It was the best weekend and I can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Ahhh--you are a true blue Walker now! Congratulations--does our obsession make a little more sense now?

Mama Walker said...

We love you guys! So glad you love the happiest place as much as we do. Glad you said hello to my ocean!!

JoHanna said...

Glad you two had a fabulous time..... we are jealous!

Hollie said...

Yea! I am so glad you had fun! When I was at Dixie I formed a Disney fan club. You had to name all the dwarfs to join. I wonder if it is still going hmmm.... Anyway, if you want, save up some money and go again with us in April. We are hitting Sea World too for a bonus! We are looking at April 3-10 (our spring break). You know you want to miss class Mark :)

michael. mindy. dane. said...

How fun! My favorite part was "if she's that hungry there's a whole ocean of fish" SO FUNNY!