Homeless in Montana

We knew traveling was going to require flexibility, going with the flow, and problem solving. Well, this weekend definitely put us to the test! We spent the weekend driving from Washington to Montana. Rather than one long drive, we broke it up and stayed in a few hotels along the way. We had a blast, but we were over loading and unloading the car, and eating out; we were ready to be at our "home" for the month. I won't go into all the details, but when we showed up, the place was not what we expected. The house was advertised as having a washer and dryer, but it did not. We were also planning on three bedrooms, which it had, but the crazy lady owner was staying in the third bedroom! She was nice, but very eccentric, in our space, and not someone I wanted to share a house with for 5 weeks. She told me TV's were evil so the house didn't have one; I thought Beckett was going to burst into tears. We also couldn't have a microwave because it would throw the energy of the house off. We were out of there so fast. Kuddos to Airbnb for paying for us to stay in a hotel that night and getting our money back. But we were beyond stressed because we had NOWHERE to go. And to top it off, Mark was leaving the next morning to go out of town for work for a week! I was about to be homeless, with my two kids, and in a state where I didn't know anyone. But I preferred that over rooming with that nutty lady. We got in touch with the kindest property manager who bent over backwards, while camping with her family, to help us find a place on such short notice. I am now in an even tinier house than we had in Washington, but it's cute, clean, and works for me and my two kids. By the time Mark returns, we'll be moving across town to a much larger place that I'm really excited about!

Although we were stressed to the max, we didn't fight, nobody got upset, I only teared up for one moment while on the phone with the nice customer service guy from Airbnb (poor guy, haha), and our kids were champs. Beckett is so flexible and was excited to go to a hotel again so we could swim in the pool. He also wasn't very fond of the host either so he was happy to go. It's been a stressful and tiring few days, but we knew things like this were bound to happen sometimes. There were a few red flags when we booked the house, but we were so excited about the place that we decided to overlook them because we're flexible.... which we are, but we aren't THAT flexible. We've learned our lesson now though! I hope nothing like that happens again, but I'm proud of my little family and for everyone keeping their cool. Hopefully it's something we'll be laughing about in a few days!































0 comments: