3 Months Old


Nolan is 3 months old! In some ways the time flew by so fast, but it also seems like years ago that I was pregnant (thank heavens). The last month with Nolan has been a breeze. He is super chill, smiley, and doing something new and fun every day.

Naps
Nolan is sleeping like a boss these days. He takes 45 minute naps like clockwork. That may not fall into the category of "like a boss" to you, but for me it does. I realized that the short naps were not what was causing my frustration at the beginning, it was the unpredictability of his naps. Some long, some short, some were SUPER short. Now he sleeps 45 minutes on the dot 5-6 times a day. Longer naps would be nice, but it really doesn't matter because he just takes more short naps rather than fewer long naps. It's almost easier because it gives us more windows to be able to leave the house. I'm assuming that this will change around 5 or 6 months when his wake time becomes longer. Right now he stays awake for 1 hour before his first nap, and 1 hour and 15 minutes between the other naps the rest of the day. Sometimes I'll move it to 90 minutes towards the end if I need to to line up bed time right, but 90 minutes is pushing it for him. He sleeps swaddled and in his crib. Once in a while I'll put him in the swing if he is struggling to get to sleep, but lately this is rare.

Night Time
Despite my best efforts for a 7:00 bedtime, it is always at 8:00. He just will not go into a deep sleep until 8:00. If I put him to bed any earl he treats it like a nap and wakes up at the 45 minute mark and refuses to go to sleep for another hour. If I have the energy I try to keep him asleep but feed him at 10:00 right before I go to bed. If I do this then he usually wakes up at 1:00 and 4:00 to eat. If I don't do the 10:00 then there is the possibility that I might have to get up 3 times in the night. Then he generally wakes up around 7:00 for the day. This is so nice because Beckett has always been such an early riser. At this age he was often up at 5:30. He is still sleeping in our room because our bedrooms are in separate floors. Once he is only waking up once in the night, I will probably move him to his room.

Eating
Nursing is really easy right now, it only takes 6 or 7 minutes and he is done. Because I love the eat, play, sleep cycle and his naps are shorter, he is eating every 2 hours. I know he could make it 3 hours, but I don't ever want him to get in the habit of eating to fall asleep so this way just works best for us. It's still 2 months away, but I'm getting really excited to be able to give him real food.

Likes
Nolan loves chatting with his Dad. I can always get a smile out of him, but Mark can get smiles and full on conversations. He also loves being swaddled, his carseat, his big brother, sitting up, and prefers bouncing over rocking.

Stats
18 lbs and 9 month clothes. My arms are getting pretty buff.







0 comments: