Gripe Water, Probiotics, and The Human Whoopee Cushion

My poor boys... neither of them were born with great digestive systems. Just like with Beckett, I have cut out eating dairy. With Beckett I could still do greek yogurt and hard cheeses, but it seems those will have to be absent from my diet too this time. Ugh, another ice creamless summer is not going to be fun. But worth it. The past week or so Nolan fusses and cries every time I feed him so I started using gripe water and that stuff is amazing. It calmed him instantly. But nights have been getting harder. He was up 5 or 6 times the other night in pain. He wasn't crying, but was so grunty and uncomfortable. Each time he woke up I would pump his little legs, and let's just say that he was basically a human whoopee cushion. I decided to try giving him some probiotics. I don't care how expensive it is, that stuff is worth every penny! After two days of being on probiotics he has gone to waking up only twice at night, he doesn't need gripe water anymore, and his naps have improved a ton! 

Babies have 45 minute sleep cycles. Around 3 or 4 months they often start struggling to make it into the second cycle, and wake up after 45 minutes (also known as the 45 minute intruder if you want to Google it). Well, we have been experiencing that for the last two weeks at our house. I tried everything to get him to take longer naps and nothing was working. I especially hated it because it meant I was feeding him every 1.5-2 hours! As of today he has successfully taken 3 naps and made it well past the 45 minute mark! I think it's because his little body isn't in pain so he can make it through the transition a bit easier.  

These pictures have nothing to do with this post, but we went hiking Saturday morning up Davis Creek Trail. My thighs are killing me today! It's nice to be able to exercise and be active again. 


0 comments: