Thoughts at 1.5 Weeks


It's only 8:30 and I have successfully put both kids to bed by myself. I feel a bit like super woman right now. It turns out I can nurse and read bedtime stories at the same time, then I can turn out the lights and sing to Beckett while rocking Nolan to sleep. It worked out rather well actually. Now I just don't know what to do with myself. I could do yoga..... or even better, eat ice cream. 

Nolan is turning out to be one chill baby. He hasn't been fussy or grumpy at all. His morning naps need a little bit of work, but his afternoon naps are awesome. When he is awake he is content sitting in the boppy pillow hanging out with Beckett and I. Once he senses he is alone he lets out this funny squawk to get our attention, but it isn't even a cry. Today I started having him sleep swaddled in his crib, instead of the rock n' play. He sleeps great in the rock n' play, but I don't want him to get dependent on it and then have to transition him to the crib. Beckett always slept great in his crib because he didn't know anything else, so I figured I should do that now before it's too late. 

The Moby Wrap is seriously the best thing that happened to my life with a toddler and newborn. I am aware the his face looks a bit smooshed in this picture, but I promise he is usually very comfy and loving it in there. Each day I make sure we get out of the house for a few hours. I feed Nolan, then get in the car right after. Once we get to our destination I wrap him up, and he takes his nap in there while Beckett and I play at the park or whatever. I don't have to worry about lugging around a stroller, and I've even been leaving the diaper bag in the car. It's just made getting out and doing stuff a lot easier and less tiring than if I tried to lug all that stuff around with us. 



0 comments: