First Days at Home

Sweat pants, pony tail, no makeup, and my baby in my arms. It's like newborns bring a little piece of heaven with them when they come home. Mark has been home all week taking care of Beckett so things have gone pretty smoothly. We'll see how next week goes when I'm on my own. Yikes. 

My baby wrapping skills have improved drastically. I won't even share the picture of the first time I wore Beckett in the Moby Wrap while we were hiking because someone might call child services on me. I had no idea how much there was to learn. Since then I've watched several videos and joined a few baby wearing groups on Facebook so that I know what I am doing. I am going to need it more than ever to be able to keep up with Beckett. I tested out my Lillebaby carrier yesterday and it was awesome. I'm going to save it until he is just a little bigger and get some use out of this stretchy wrap while he is still small. 

I pulled out my Babywise book to brush up on everything. That book is my little baby bible, I don't know what I would do without it. Right now I'm just making sure to wake Nolan up every three hours to eat, and then try to keep him awake for an hour before putting him back to sleep. The first few days it was a challenge just to get him to stay awake to eat, but today he has been able to stay awake for a little over an hour.

When we first brought Nolan home from the hospital, I brought him upstairs in his carseat. Beckett was so excited. He knelt down next to him and said, "Hi!". Then he start to rock the carseat and sing him Rockabye Baby In The Tree Top, and of course I started to tear up. If Nolan gets upset and cries, Beckett always says, "It's ok, I'm here". It's about the sweetest thing I could imagine. 




0 comments: