Easter Sunday

I had high hopes of getting a family picture Sunday morning before church... or after...... neither one happened. It was a miracle that we were able to take these pictures, all get dressed, and get to church on time. My Mom bought the boys these cute matching outfits for Easter and I just can't get enough pictures of them right now. I'm sure my camera and I will chill out soon.

The next paragraph is all about Nolan's sleeping habits. Although this is a rather boring topic for anyone not in the trenches of getting their newborn to sleep well, I'm so glad I wrote down as much as I did with Beckett because now I have a reminder of what did and didn't work at this age with him. So I will continue to write about such a boring topic because I am in the trenches right now, and it  also may be helpful to anyone else up to their elbows in dirty diapers.

I gave up after only one day of trying to get Nolan to sleep in his crib. He is a much lighter sleeper than Beckett was and he kept waking up. That may or may not have something to do with the constant noise of a 2 year old running around the house. I decided it was more important to get his body on a good schedule of taking 1.5-2 hour naps, rather than getting him to sleep in his crib. Right now the swing and rock n' play are working quiet well. Once we get more of a schedule down, then we'll work on transitioning to his crib. Right now his wake time is usually about 1 hour and 15 minutes which is pretty long for a 2 week old baby. His first nap of the day he usually wakes up after about an hour. I thought it might be because his wake time is too long, but when I try to get him to sleep earlier he just lays there peacefully in my arms, but wide awake. He may just have a short morning nap for a while, but his afternoon naps are usually pretty good. If he does wake up early I just continue the pattern of eat, play, sleep and feed him as soon as he wakes up, rather than trying to worry about if it's been three hours or not. I did this with Beckett and after the first month or so his nap times became more predictable. At night he is sleeping from around 8:00 PM-7:00 AM. I feed him without waking him up around 10 before I go to bed, Then he usually wakes up 2 times in the night to eat, but he goes back to sleep very easily so it hasn't been bad at all. 









0 comments: