18 Month Summary



Beckett gets a little confused and often thinks he is 18 years old, instead of 18 months. He chats on the phone with his Grandmas, prefers drinking out of a regular cup, loves to drive the car, often insists he walks to the park instead of using the stroller, and loves being able to do things on his own without our help. This is the most fun of any age so far, and I have a feeling it's just going to get better as his vocabulary grows. I feel like I have a little friend to spend the day with now, verses the days of carrying a sleeping baby blob from place to place with me. We laugh at each others jokes, and love going out to do fun things together. He can follow basic directions like, "Go get your shoes" and "Help clean up the toys". Beckett often mumbles some Chinese-sounding gibberish at me, I don't know what he is saying yet, but he is definitely having a conversation with me. Today he went to nursery for the first time. Just the first hour and I stayed with him, but he seemed so grown up sitting at the table having a snack with the other kids. I used to do a summary every month when things were changing so often, but now I think I'll do every 6.

Eating
It's so easy to get into a routine of eating the same go-to foods I know Beckett loves, but I think that's how kids become picky so I try to mix it up. Breakfast and lunch are often the usual suspects, but I always give him whatever we're eating for dinner. He doesn't really like bread or crackers, so that actually helps force me to give him healthier snack foods. His favorite things are yogurt, pasta and marinara, cheese, sweet potatoes, green beans, mexican rice, oatmeal, berries, green smoothies, oranges, enchiladas, and of course... candy (which he calls "cackee").

Sleeping
Aaaaaahhhhh man I know I've said it 1000 times and I used to write about it a lot more, but I will just say it again, I sure love Babywise. Seriously, I have to restrain myself from giving unsolicited advice to anyone who is expecting a baby and shouting at them about how much I have loved that book. So I will just shout about it here at my own little corner of the internet. It's not this way for everyone, but I need sleep and routine in order to feel sane. Beckett certainly has his off days, but 95% of the time he goes to bed without a problem, takes good naps, and sleeps through the night. He is currently down to "one" nap a day, but in order to make it until lunch time has required a little 20 minute morning catnap in the car are stroller. But the last two days he made it until 12:30 before crashing. He usually sleeps 2-3 hours during the day and 11 at night.

Words
Yogurt, shoes, candy, mom, mommy, dad, yucky,  dog, cheese, hot, ball, drink, horsey, gone, garbage, choo choo, hi, and bye.

Favorites
Trains, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, basketballs, shoes, dancing, music, food, being chased, swings, animals, and his bike.

Schedule
6:30 Wake up and have breakfast
9:30 Snack (maybe a catnap)
11:30 Lunch
12:00 Nap
3:00 Wake up and have a snack
6:00 Dinner
6:30 Bath
7:30 Bed



0 comments: