Midnight Mayhem

My eyes look half closed and glazed over in these silly pictures because I am tired people!

What is going on around here?! Sleepless demons have taken over our usual nights of peaceful rest, and now the hours of 3:00-5:00 AM are spent sharing our bed with a rambunctious miniature wild child. I want my 11 consistent hours of peace and quiet back. I'm assuming it has something to do with one of the following: 2-1 nap transition, wonder weeks, circadian rhythms, teething, bed time routine, full moon, witchcraft, cruel prank, or the sleep demons. Whatever it is, I am over it. The weird thing is when Beckett wakes up he isn't upset, doesn't seem in pain, and actually tries really hard to go  back to sleep. He lays peaceful on my shoulder or in my lap for 45-60 minutes before he finally gets frustrated. I feel like his little biological clock has gone wacky. I read that when this happens you can try waking them up an let them fall back asleep about an hour before they usually wake up in the night. This resets their sleep cycles and hopefully keeps them from waking up and thinking it's party hour. I might try it tonight. I don't mind the snuggles, but I seriously get so stressed about not getting enough sleep, that after he goes back to bed I lay there wide awake because I'm stressed about not sleeping! 

0 comments: