Baby Signing

I tried doing some sign language with Beckett when he was around 10 or 11 months. He just looked at me like I was crazy as I was moving my hands around like a big dork. He obviously wasn't getting it, so I decided to give it a break for a while. I've been so blessed and been able to have the most wonderful people watch Beckett when I work. Lani has started signing with Beckett and he is catching on so fast! I probably wasn't doing it right, but I also think he wasn't ready yet. He is starting to mimic everything we do so signing is very easy now. He is consistently signing "all done" and "more". I'm trying to teach him "food", "drink", "please", and "thank you" next. It's so fun to be able to communicate with him! 

Mark was out of town for work all week. Beckett is so close to walking, and I was afraid he would just take off and Mark would miss it! He has been taking a few steps here and there, but falls down before he gets too far. He definitely isn't afraid to try and fall, so I think he will be toddling around within a few weeks! 

While Mark was away Beckett learned to throw things in the toilet, and also to flush the toilet. Luckily he hasn't put the two activities together yet, but I'm keeping the bathroom doors shut at all times now. 




0 comments: