Shish Kabob

I always start to get excited when I can sense fall is coming. A few of the cooler mornings feel very Octoberish, and I'm beginning to stock up on cinnamon and pumpkin spice candles. I usually get my snowboard waxed and begin dreaming of powder filled days around now, but this year I find myself wondering what are we going to do? I seriously go wacky if I don't play outside enough, and snowboarding has always been my outlet during the winter months that I love so. I do not want to join the crowds of people complaining about Utah's beautiful winters, and I'm going to figure out a way for Beckett and I to enjoy it, even if he is still a little small for his skis. 

This week was a very good one. I'm finally feeling slightly caught up at work now that school has started, and can enjoy my days off a little more. We went to the Ogden Temple open house and Beckett was so good. Being in the temple with him was so special because it's something I probably won't get to do again for a very long time, and seeing the expressions on his face as he looked around was so sweet. 

The first picture below is Beckett's newest pastime while I get ready. He is as obsessed with brushing his teeth as I am, but insists on sitting in the sink. It is odd, but it buys me a good 10 minutes to do my hair and makeup.  

This morning we left early to hike the Indian Trail before it warmed up too much. Afterwards we went to the farmers market and stocked up on a ton of fresh fruits and vegetables. We had kabobs for lunch and as you can see, Beckett went to town. Toby Keith came on and he was dancing around with the shish kabob in his mouth like a crazy. We were dying. We have spent the last several months doing everything we can to get him to laugh, but lately he keeps doing things to make us laugh! 

This year for Mother's Day and Father's Day we decided to get ourselves a barbecue. Today we finally went and bought it! We have a pretty good deal worked out that I will do the prep, and Mark will do the cooking. I have a menu of marinated chicken and steak recipes with fresh veggies from the farmer's market all week long! 

Tonight Beckett blew a kiss to Mark on his way to bed for the first time. My heart melted.


0 comments: