Binky and Night Weaning


As you can see from these disgusting pictures, this kid loves yogurt. I'm so happy that it hasn't been hurting his tummy. I'm still nervous to try milk or ice cream, but so far cheese and yogurt hasn't been a problem! After this fiasco we decided he only gets yogurt when I give it to him on a spoon though. 

I feel like life has been going non-stop lately. School just started which means work is very crazy and busy. On my days at home I usually spend Beckett's nap times answering e-mails and making phone calls. It will slow down in a few months though. Getting ready for Beckett's party was very busy, and I've had several photo sessions lately. I'm not complaining though, I have a feeling in a few months once winter hits, I will be begging for something to do. 

Now that Beckett is one, we're working on having the binky only in his crib and the car. Nap time is for his sanity, the car is for mine. I wasn't sure I was going to take it away this early, but I would rather do it now when he doesn't really notice, then when he is two and can ask for his binky. It's been 3 days and he seems to be doing just fine. We will probably still keep it at night until 18 months or two years. And definitely to get us through night weaning....

Beckett is still waking up once or twice a night. I was hoping it would magically end once he turned one, but it hasn't. I'm ready to be done nursing, and night is the only time I'm really doing it anymore. I feel like I was strong when we did cry it out around 10 months for naps. It wasn't that hard and now going to sleep for naps is a piece of cake. I'm a completely different person at 2 AM though. Ten minutes of whining and crying in the middle of the night feels like an eternity. And trying to fall asleep after being awake that long for me also takes an eternity. With the weekend coming, I'm going to make my first attempts at night weaning Friday. I'm not sure if he will just go back to sleep if I just let him be for a few minutes, or if it's best if I go in and try to soothe him, but not nurse. I think I will set a little timer on my phone for ten minutes, and if he hasn't gone back to sleep on his own after ten minutes I will go give him his binky and rub his back. Wish us luck. I have a feeling it's going to be rough. 



0 comments: