Oatmeal Cookies


Right now I'm trying to write something each day. Once I go back to work my goal is at least once a week. It's been pretty uneventful around here, but here are some random thoughts.... 

Sometimes just the thought of how much I love Beckett can bring me to tears. I've never been so happy that I cried so much in my life. Especially that first week home from the hospital. My hormones were obviously out of whack because I was always crying, but it was like the opposite of postpartum depression. It was postpartum extreme happiness. Maybe it was my body's way of ridding itself of all that water I had been retaining. I think my hormones have evened out now, but I am still overwhelmed with the large amount of love I can feel for someone so small. 

The first few weeks after he was born I didn't have much of an appetite. Between that and the calories burned from nursing, I was on my way to possibly weighing less than before I was pregnant. Ha. Well now my appetite is back. I read that oatmeal is really good for women who are breastfeeding. I have literally consumed an entire batch of oatmeal craisin cookies on my own in 3 days. I'm not sure that's what they meant by "oatmeal". Because I have been living in sweats, the way my clothes fit hasn't been a good indicator of how well my body is returning to it's original size. I thought I was doing pretty good until I attempted the dreaded pencil skirt Sunday. It was worse than trying to stuff my sleeping bag into it's tiny stuff sack with cold fingers. Dang you cookies.

Where in the world can you get a decent blessing outfit around here? I have now purchased two and both of them drown him. The only ones that look like they would fit are nerdy jumpsuits that look a white potato sack. All the cute little suits are so big. Luckily my amazing Mom has some seriously sewing skills and can alter them. 

One of the hormonal changes you go through after having a baby must allow your body to function on significantly less sleep than before. I average 6-7 hours of total sleep per night, but it is not continuous. I used to need about 9 solid hours or I was a zombie the next day. Somehow I wake up feeling rested and ready to play with my little guy. It's one of the perks of being in the mom club I guess. 


0 comments: