Love Day

I don't hate Valentines Day, but I do think it's a little silly. I'm sure the floral industry loves it though. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home to grab chicken; I've never seen so many sweaty, nervous, procrastinating men buying grocery store flowers on their way home from work.

Mark gave me a present on our anniversary (day before Valentines) that I loved 1000 times more than flowers, candy, or jewelry. While we were out to dinner he pulled a folded up piece of paper from his pocket. It was a poem he had written. I didn't read more than two lines before my eyes teared up and I put it away and said I had to read it at home. If I sat there crying everyone would think he was breaking up with me for Valentines. He's very good at stuff like that. My poems always start out with "roses are red, violets are blue". And because blue rhymes with the word poo that's usually how the poem ends.

This picture is from a while ago, but I love it. Sweetest. Guy. Ever.


1 comments:

Mama Walker said...

I must confess I read the poem and I cried too...love you both