Bananas Foster

I don't know how it's taken me this long to discover the heavenly bliss of bananas foster. It's 3 of my favorite things combined: bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla ice cream. I first discovered Haagen Dazs bananas foster and fell in love. Because Haagen Dazs' version is a limited edition and contains a thanksgiving dinner's worth of calories, I concocted my own version. Traditionally bananas foster is cooked with liquor and/or rum, but my version does not.

1-2 bananas
2 tbs butter
Cinnamon
Brown sugar
Sugar
Vanilla ice cream

Directions

1. Slice the bananas up.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan.
3. Add the bananas and sprinkle with as much cinnamon and the sugars as you want. The more the better.
4. Flip the bananas over a few times and let cook 1-2 minutes until the sugar has caramelized. 
5. Let the bananas and sauce stand until almost completely cool before pouring over vanilla ice cream. 


These pictures are not very appetizing. Photography food is very hard, especially mushy bananas covered in a brown sauce. Don't let the pictures fool you. This dessert is fantastic.

0 comments: