Back To Work

This is my last day getting to do whatever I wake up in the mood for while all those other suckers are at work. Returning to work Monday is bittersweet. I love my job and the feeling that I'm actually doing something worth while, but on the other hand I enjoy doing nothing worth while and spending my days basking in the sun and eating bon bons.

Returning to work also means returning to planned dinner menus and grocery shopping trips. I stocked up at Wal-Mart Fall Apart and Whole Foods today. When I leave Whole Foods I feel instantly healthier, calmer, hippier, and like I can't wait to get my zen on and do some yoga. When I leave Wal-Mart I feel dirty, irritable, and like I just might sock someone in the nose.

I may or may not leave classical music playing for my dog when I leave.

For a good laugh read the last bullet point and comments from this post. Anonymous is at it again.

This morning's neighborly chat went as follows:

Old Crazy Neighbor Lady: So... how do you like living here?

Me: Oh yeah I really like it. I love the trees and all of our neighbors are so nice and quiet.

Old Crazy Neighbor Lady: Well I don't like it. They're raising my rent. And do you want to know what I can't stand the most?

Me: What?

Old Crazy Neighbor Lady: The girl upstairs. She just stomps around all day long. STOMP STOMP STOMP. What did they do? Take away her carpet or something? And doesn't she have a job?

Me: Oh no that's terrible.

Old Crazy Neighbor Lady: I just don't get it. I don't know how she could be so loud. She's tiny. You're fat compared to her!

Me: Uhhhh.....

2 comments:

Faith said...

um, really ... old lady said that?! wow ...

and Anonymous, haha ... too funny!

yea, Walmart use to do the same thing to me, so hubby and i just stopped shopping there. unless i know it is going to be an in and out kind of buy, i go elsewhere.

Nicki said...

Jaime you make me laugh so hard. Everytime I read one of your posts I laugh out loud. I miss hanging out with you guys. We need to really soon. I hate that we didn't hang out while you were on break!