Time To Laugh- From My Awesome Mom

Photobucket       

I was scream laughing when I read my Mom's embarrassing stories she sent in. Probably because I know her and sometimes I was there, but these are not just "had to be there" kind of moments. My Mom is so much fun and we always laugh when we're together! And she has this great blog Heal~Balance~Live that is about eating gluten free and loving food. Even if you don't usually eat gluten free the recipes are wonderful. 


  • The time my husband and I were having trouble finding an address. I insisted we were lost, he refused to admit it. I declared after looking out the window and seeing a grain elevator, "We are really lost, look, we are clear out by the ice cream factory!" My entire life (I was in my 20's) I thought it was an ice cream factory, you know, each cylinder is a different flavor of ice cream. My husband started laughing so hard he had to pull over because he couldn't drive.
  • Then there was the time I was 8 months pregnant and making a deposit through the drive up window at our bank. Once again my husband was driving, and the people inside were taking forever (time really does go slower when you are 8 months pregnant). I kept making remarks about how long it was taking and he kept saying things like, "shh they can hear you". I didn't believe him. I finally blurted out "They are taking so long I am going to have this baby right here waiting for them". I looked up and every person in the bank, even the customers in line were laughing. He was right, they could hear me.
  • Another time we were going shopping in the evening, it was dark and I pulled out my carmex because my lips were really dry. I took a big glob of the stuff and rubbed it all over my lips and beyond trying to get some moisture back into them. We got to the shopping center, parked, and split up as we both had different stores we wanted to go to. I began to notice people giving me strange stares, one girl even laughed as I passed her. I remember thinking something was up and so I checked to see if my shirt was buttoned up (nursing mothers will understand this thought). It turns out my "carmex" was actually a pot of lip gloss called "coffee bean". Yes, it was dark brown and I had smeared it all over my face! I finally met up with my husband after going to two different stores, all at once he looked up at me and said, "what they heck is all over your face?" The sales people looked relieved, they were no longer worried that I was a mental hospital escapee.
  • Last but not least is the famous lebs story. I was in 5th grade driving somewhere with my family. We were playing the alphabet game where you find all the letters in the alphabet on road signs and license plates. I announced that I had found a "B" in the word "lebs" on a billboard. "Lebs?" My mother questioned. "Yes, lebs. You know like the bag of flour weighs 5 lbs?" I replied. It took years for them to stop teasing me about that. I hope they don't read this and start again.
Another day when we have more time I will share with you the time I tied myself to the roof, how I almost drove away and left my newborn in a pizza shop and how embarrassing it was when my 3 year old yelled out in the middle of the sacrament at church , "my butt sure is sweaty!". All cherished moments.

To read the other stories click on the picture of the heart above. If you would like to submit a funny story to share, send me an e-mail to jamielb_03@hotmail.com. I can't wait! 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh my goodness these stories are hilarious!!!!! it sounds like things that you would see in a movie! ha your mom sounds awesome!

Ashley said...

haha ... i seriously love your blog it is soo cute! so happy i stumbled on it! cant wait for more! :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

the bank thing is hilarious.