Journals


I love to write. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I'm not that great, but I've always used writing as a pastime. Above are the journals I've filled so far. In college I would write several pages a day because it was the only way I could stand to get through some of my classes. You know, the ones where the teacher keeps talking, your brain isn't absorbing a thing, and eventually all you hear are the sounds similar to those that Charlie Brown's school teacher made.

Once I graduated I still found time to write: waiting for a ride, sitting at the doctor's office, riding Trax to work, etc... Pretty much those moments people have when they pull out their phone to make themselves busy, I pull out my journal. Now that I have a blog I write more on here than in my journal. Sometimes it's about the weirdest things, but I figure if you think they're weird and uninteresting things to read about, well then you don't have to read them. It's mainly for myself, in fact I'm going to start printing my blog into a book every year or so. That way when Blogspot goes under, the internet goes out of business (haha), or I guess when I die, the things I've written will still be around. Maybe someone will find them interesting. I still keep a journal in my purse at all times because there are plenty of things to write about that I'm not sure I want to share with the world, and plenty of opportunities to write about them.

If you're having a hard time figuring out what to write about try some different writing exercises. I know it doesn't sound fun, but I promise it can be. Check out this blog. There are several fun ideas to write about on your blog or in your journal. Another thing I used to do is set a timer for five minutes and start writing. The only rule is you can't stop writing until the timer goes off. Even if all you're writing is "I don't know what to write about". After a few times writing will become easier and you'll have some funny things to go back and read.

2 comments:

Markett said...

I love love love your journals! :)

EvĪ± ♡ said...

i love your photos !