Weekend Highlights

While Mark is watching sports center, I have time for some weekend highlights. Friday night we saw Macbeth at Dixie. Mark had to go for his theater class. He loves taking theater and from what I hear he's a very good actor. Because he now has some acting experience he loved the play..... well I didn't love it so much. I usually really enjoy Shakespeare, but I felt like my Dad watching Oprah..... not thinking about anything else but, "when will this end?" The cast did a great job, but I didn't understand one bit of it. I was very jealous of the fancy dresses Lady Macbeth got to wear though.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- For the first time in the history of Mark and Jamie playing tennis, Jamie won more games than she lost today. After a quick victory lap around the court she hugged her husband before he sulked off the court, playing his racket as if it were a guitar strumming a sad song.

I've recently been bit by the cooking bug. I looked up several recipes today and purchased all sorts of spices and ingredients, many of which I've never heard of: leaks, kale, parsnips.... this will be interesting. To Mark's dismay, I also discovered the local health food store. I came home with flaxseed and oat bran, but you would have thought I brought home a 5 eyed, 6 legged, polka-dotted, talking monkey. I'll change his mind about organic food when he tries my apple spice muffins!

Tonight we saw The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. "Walker and Baldwin give it a two thumbs up!!!"

And finally, we're transferring to a new ward tomorrow- the married student ward. We made some great friends in our old ward that could hook us up with senior citizen deals and stuff, but I think this new ward will be a better fit for us.


1 comments:

Mama Walker said...

Good choice on the ward change. Having been to your old ward I agree the change is a good one