March Madness


I was so excited when Mark told me football season was over. "Yay I have my husband back!" was my response. Little did I know what was lurking around the corner. I have now been introduced to March Madness..... I can't wait for April. I'm sure there is some other sport related-I'll-die-if-I-miss-it event going on in April too, every time I think it's over something new starts. I just never knew anything about sports, sports terminology, when they're on, who plays what, which team is from where, and so on.... until this year. I'm not complaining, just adjusting. Now I'll be better prepared for next year. Mark watching sports may not be my favorite thing this year, but I have a feeling when we have kids it will be my chance to exercise and have some girl time while he stays home with the fam haha.


I would like to clarify that Mark and I do not have to go to a marriage counselor as shown in the first picture, nor does Mark ignore me. I do, however, need a basketball-time-to-real-time conversion chart as shown in the second picture.

While plenty of games have been on, we've also been playing and relaxing as one should on Spring Break. Today's agenda: tennis, Orange Peal, and Alice in Wonderland. It was not one of my all time favorites, but Alice is worth seeing. I also made these baked beauties:



Apple-Spice Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients:
1/2 c oat bran
1 c whole-wheat flour
1/4 c ground flaxseed
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbsp canola oil
1/3 c applesauce
1 shredded apple
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c chopped pecans
Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together bran, flour, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and oil until smooth. Stir in applesauce, shredded apple, and sugar. Combine mixtures and fold in pecans.
4. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
[Nutrition stats: 147 cal, 9 g fat (1 g sat), 163 mg sodium, 18 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein]

2 comments:

HealBalanceLive said...

Oh, you are totally a domestic goddess! posting recipes??? Hmmmm..

Jamie Walker said...

I stole the picture though...