23 Things I Have Learned in 23 Years

Over my Mom's birthday she wrote a post called 40 Things I have learned in 40 years. She has this great blog called Heal, Balance, Live. It's mostly for non-gluten eating, hippy people haha. Even if you don't eat gluten-free, the recipes are really yummy and healthy! Well I haven't been alive as long, and therefore I do not know as much, but I wanted to write my own version. If you compare the two lists you will notice my Mom is much wiser than I am, but I'm still learning! I have a feeling you gain so much wisdom raising kids. I used to have a fish and now I have plants. The only thing I'm learning raising them is all things die.

23 Things I Have Learned in 23 Years:
  • Any form of working out is better than nothing.
  • It's worth the extra money to buy jeans that fit right. 
  • Pay your tithing.
  • Certain friendships are for certain times in your life.
  • Car salesmen are slimy, bug eating, goobers. 
  • Music can always put you in a good mood. 
  • Enjoy all 4 seasons. 
  • Money will not bring happiness, but budgeting can. 
  • Marriage is hard! But so worth it. 
  • You are what you eat.
  • It's relieving to have a good cry at least once a month. Like a period for your emotions. 
  • Be kind to everyone. You never know what someone else may be struggling with.  
  • You feel and act how you are dressed.
  • I get very grouchy when I'm bored. Stay busy!
  • I didn't know until I was married how much someone can love sports!
  • Cherish every minute spent with family.
  • Patience is a talent.
  • Pray, pray, pray. 
  • Find something you love to do, and do whatever it takes to make it possible for you to do it. 
  • Your education should never end.
  • Eat a treat every day for continual happiness. 
  • Surround yourself with people who help you become a better person. 
  • Laughter is the best medicine, stress reliever, and ab workout. 

5 comments:

krystale said...

yeah! i love you.

Mama Walker said...

Wish I could concentrate long enough to form ideas like this. You are a beautiful, talented and amazing girl and we are so glad you are part of our family

Jamie Walker said...

Thanks guys. You are too nice! Krystale: Phone chat tonight. Diane: We miss you guys please come back and play when it's sunny!

Emily said...

Jamie, I love to read your blog. You crack me up every time. I am glad you guys are doing well. What are you doing in St. George? I wish I were there, too! Enjoy the sun for me while I am stuck in the HAZE! :)

HealBalanceLive said...

Wow! You are way ahead of me at 23! Love ya lots, Mom