Pagosa For The Soul

If you're looking for the perfect town to see fall colors sometime, Pagosa Springs, Colorado is the place. The colorful trees and panoramic views of fall are like candy for the eyes. In fact, this entire place has done nothing but make me feel amazing. Between the daily trips to the hot springs, incredible weather, and healthier diet, I feel like a million bucks. 

People aren't kidding when they say your metabolism drops after 30. After having two kids, turning 31, and living next door to a bakery in Montana, let's just say my pants were fitting a bit tight..... or not fitting at all. I've never worried too much about what I eat because I'm generally pretty active, but the day we arrived in Pagosa, I made a commitment to cut out bread and sugar. I still eat treats here and there, and if we go out to eat I don't worry about avoiding bread, but 90% of the time I'm sticking to it and I've already lost a few pounds. Looks like working out and eating massive bowls of ice cream every day aren't going to cut it anymore. Hello, aging. 

Anyway, here are some pictures from our weekend. Thanks to Mark for letting me steal most of these from him. He has an eye for fall colors. We went swimming, hiked to Piedra Falls and Opal Lake, explored some restaurants, and the boys did some bike riding. 





















0 comments: