Beckett: The One Nap Wonder



It's official.... there's only one nap going on these days. It pretty much happened on the day he turned 17 months old. I was a bit nervous about it, but I'm actually starting to see that in many ways it's kind of nice. He is almost sleeping just as much as before, but it's all in one chunk. Not that I don't like when my kid is awake, but if it wasn't for nap time my house would never get cleaned and I most likely wouldn't wear make up. Going out and doing things just became a lot easier. The only downside is if I workout in the morning, I don't have that morning nap to shower and get ready in peace and quiet. But the older Beckett gets, the easier it is to leave him for a few minutes to do things like shower or run downstairs to do a load of laundry. At 17 months, his routine looks like this on a normal day:

6:30 Wake up and have breakfast
9:30 Snack
11:30 Lunch
12:00 Nap
2:30/3:00 Wake up and have a snack
6:00 Dinner
7:00 Bath
7:30 Bed

It's a lot different than the days when he was napping 5 times a day, and eating every three hours! And last night he slept through the night for the first time in a week. I think his little body was just making the transition to one nap, but hopefully he continues to sleep well now. 


0 comments: