Little Bites



Sometimes it's easy to get in a rut feeding a 10 month old the same things over and over because either he loves them, they're easy to clean up, I have the same things on hand, or I just run out of ideas. When searching online for good ideas, I have found a lot of baby food recipes or recipes that require lots of cooking and preparation. I don't mind spending a lot of time on dinner when we all eat together, but for breakfast and lunch I want things that are nutritious, but fairly easy, and can be contained by a bib. At dinner Beckett always eats in his diaper and immediately takes a bath after so it doesn't matter how messy dinner is. Below is a list of some of our favorite things I have found that work really well, especially now that Beckett is very good and picking up little pieces of food. I need to invest in another pair of cooking scissors because I'm using them to cut up his food three times a day and I usually only do the dishes once. If anyone feels like sharing other ideas with me I would love to hear them! 

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs with garlic salt and cheddar cheese
Wheat toast with apple butter
Green smoothies
Oatmeal
Bananas 
Blueberries cut into fourths

Lunch
Pieces of string cheese
Peanut butter and jelly
Whole grain noodles with melted cheese
Cheese and spinach quesadilla on a wheat tortilla
Cous cous
Deli meat
Quinoa
Peas
Cut up string beans
Cucumber
Tiny pieces of strawberries
Grapes cut into quarters
Whole black beans

Dinner
He usually has whatever we're having, but things like soup or salad are sometimes hard to share. Here are some other ideas. Obviously you could do these for lunch to, but these things are usually so messy, or take more preparation so I save them for dinner.

Mandarin oranges
Bottled pears
Steamed carrots
Broiled asparagus
Baked sweet potato fries with cinnamon
Toast with avocado
Potato-spinach cakes 
Pasta with spaghetti sauce
Tortilla pizza with spinach and tomato
Raviolis 
Cucumbers dipped in hummus




What other quick and nutritious ideas are there? 

Also, here is a picture of the dinosaur that keeps attacking our house and running away with Beckett's binkies. Man, he gets angry. 


0 comments: