Stomach Sleeping = Stressed Mama


Today we spent some much needed time in the sun with one of my dearest friends and her adorable twins! I'm finding out that having friends with kids the same age as yours is so much fun. When you have to change plans because of nap time, or make the fun come to a stop because of a meltdown, it's ok. We all get it because we're all in the same boat! 

On another note.... we've gone 5 nights without a swaddle now and there's no looking back! It's going better than I could have dreamed. I'm doing my best to put him to bed slightly awake, but sometimes he is so tired he falls asleep while eating. Tonight he was awake though and he rolled around for about 10 minutes and then fell asleep without a peep! When I hear him wake up in the night I've decided that if it's been at least four hours since he ate last I'll get up and feed him, anything less than that I muster up all of my self control to make myself stay in my bed. I lay there wide awake until I'm pretty sure he has gone back to sleep. Then once I think he has, I have to get out of bed and check on him to make sure he is ok! I wish I could relax a little more, but I'm still just so nervous about all this rolling around and stomach sleeping business. He has started sleeping on his stomach with his face straight down in the mattress! Ugh. I know he is plenty strong to roll and turn his head when he needs to, but I'm tempted to just sit and monitor his breathing throughout the night when he does that. Regardless of those worries though, this is the best week of sleep I've had since he was 2 or 3 months old and in that heavenly sleeping through the night phase. 

Beckett's first time in a swing. 

0 comments: