9 Month Long Baby To-Do List is Complete!- 37 Weeks

We're officially ready for this baby! Maybe not mentally, but we're ready physically! This weekend we made our last big purchases, put all the furniture together, organized to death, installed the car seat, finished packing my hospital bag and the diaper bag, and put the basinet next to our bed. We both just sat and stared at it for several minutes. Having the baby's bed next to ours made it all seem very real. This little man is going to sleep here in a few weeks, and it will be our job to make sure he is breathing. I will not sleep a wink. 

I'm just crazy about the crib. There is something very sentimental about the crib, and setting it up really put the final touches on the room. There are many things I have been given or bought used, but the crib was something I wanted new and to be very special. 

Here is a long line of fairly boring pictures. Getting all of this together has been a rather large project and I want to remember what it all looked like before a wild toddler tore it apart. 















The bags are packed and waiting by the door! This diaper bag isn't as cutsie as some, but hopefully this way I can talk Mark into carrying it all the time. 

I have to do a double take when I get in my car and see a car seat in the back. Weird. And we realized there isn't a lot of room in my little Mazda. I hope that whoever sits in the front seat likes having the dashboard as a lap bar. 

I'm slightly embarrassed to be showing these pictures, but it's our if-you-don't-know-what-to-do-with-it-throw-it-in-the-basement-room. Basically it's all the other baby things I have waiting to be used someday, that we don't need right now. I have a feeling it's going to come faster than I realize! Babies require a lot of stuff! 



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the baby's room. You did a great job decorating. And you're right. He will use all that stuff sooner than you think.

Jennifer said...

I love the baby's room. You did a great job decorating. And you're right. He will use all that stuff sooner than you think.

Emily said...

His room is so darling! Even cuter now that it is finished. I'm so excited for you guys! It was great to see you at the derby. You look amazing and I know you two will make awesome parents to little Beckett!