Sunlight and Sound

I'm currently eating, breathing, and dreaming photography. I noticed my thoughts, dinner conversation, reading materials, Facebook page, and every spare moment is centered around it. I'm constantly thinking about new ideas, creative shoots, and ways to expand my little business. I look at the world differently now. I notice the way light glows differently at various times of the day, the texture of buildings, and everywhere I go is a prospective location for my next session.

Even though I've never taken a photography class, I've learned and grown so much by reading everything I can and never giving up. I can't get enough. Although I am far from where I want to be with my photography, I've decided to learn something new and venture into the world of video. There is so much more to learn with video, but I'm excited for the challenge! I'm going to do engagement, wedding, and family videos... the ideas I have for them are spilling out of my brain faster than I can get the chance to try them out!

In lou of my new video endeavor, I've decided to change the name of my business. I've been wanting to change the look and feel of Just Another Day Photography for a while now, but I couldn't figure out just how to do it. This past week a name and logo that really portrays my product and style finally came together.
Click on the logo to go to my photography site to see the new look.

Sunlight because nothing affects the pictures I take more than how I decide to use the sunlight. A well posed, smiling subject can result in an awful picture if there are shadows on the face or no sunlight at all. An unprepared, "mess up" shot can be an incredibly beautiful picture if the light is right. I truly feel that the light is the most important element to a good photo shoot. I had to learn this the hard way.

Sound because I am going to have much more than a photography business. You can portray so much through video that is not possible with a picture. My main focus is still on photography because I have much to learn with video, but by goal is to eventually be filming videos as often as I'm taking pictures.

I wanted a simple and clean logo because I like to keep my pictures simple and clean. I don't use photoshop to make big changes or heavily edit my pictures. If I shoot at the right time of the day when the light is warm and dreamy, the pictures are natural, beautiful, and real straight out of the camera. I consider a shoot that doesn't require drastic edits successful.

If you'd like to see what I mean by warm and dreamy light please click on the picture below to see pictures from a session I did recently that turned out to be one of my favorites!



0 comments: