The Calm After The Storm

Dinner at CPK to celebrate Mark's new job.

This is the first day in 2 months I have woken up without feeling worried or anxious. For once I can't sleep because I am excited, not because I am stressed. I was finally able to call my Mom with tears of joy instead of tears of frustration. After several months of praying, searching, wondering if we made the right decisions, and looking for the right answers, we have reached the calm after the storm.

Mark will be starting a new job in downtown Salt Lake next week. Out of all of the possibilities, this is the job he wanted the most. And he got it. I'm so proud of him!

Now that we know where we will both be working, we can actually start looking into buying a house and being somewhat settled down. Ok I've been looking at houses for over a year now with wishful thinking, but this time it might actually be a possibility.

This is my last day working for the temp agency. Filing 8 hours a day has it's perks, but I'm ready for a tiny summer break! I go back to work August 6th and I can't wait. I love my job. I've always loved my job, but after working somewhere else for the summer I appreciate my job more than ever.

Going through this trial has taught me too many lessons to list. I've grown in many ways and it's brought Mark and I closer together. When things get rough you can let the stress tear you apart, or rely on each other and work together. Mark's positive attitude and hard work made it easier for me. My craziness probably made it harder for him. But somehow we stuck together and with the help and prayers of our friends and family we knew things would work out. Thank you everyone!

This is going to be a great day! 8 more hours of filing and then summer begins!



2 comments:

Amanda said...

SO Happy for you both!!

Kira said...

Yay, congrats to your husband!