Socks

I have a problem, a kind of embarrassing and gross problem. I always have worn out, see through, holy socks. Not even kidding. Sick right? I buy a new package like every month, and every month I'll put my feet up or lay on my stomach exposing my little stockings and my husband will say "oh man you're socks! Gross James!" They are usually see through on the bottoms or a hole has recently begun.

Hole in your jeans = super cool chick.
Hole in your socks = Gross chick that looks like a hobo.

Disclaimer: Once the hole emerges I trash them immediately, until then the see through phase is wearable.

If my Grandma catches you with socks that have holes in the bottom, she leaps out from who knows where, grabs the hole and begins to tear until the sock is in two pieces. I should have learned my lesson a long time ago. My problem? I keep buying my socks at Wal-Mart fall apart! I've recently started venturing into my husband's sock drawer (another kind of gross confession) and stealing his socks. His are fancy, thick, cushy, don't wear out on the bottoms, and feel like foot heaven to my little toesies. Even if the heal comes part way up my calf, it's better than what my sock drawer has to offer. Someone please tell me, where can I get really nice socks that aren't going to make me feel like I'm wasting money that could be spent on new shoes?

Blogs are weird. I just wrote two paragraphs about how my socks suck, and I even took a picture to go along with it (hello writer's block). What, you think I'm weird? Well if you've made it this far then you're even weirder for taking the time to read about my holy socks. Ha.

14 comments:

HealBalanceLive said...

Try a fitness store, Nike or Adidas have great, cushy, expensive, long lasting socks :)

Patti said...

Not only do I NOT think you're weird...I totally relate to the sock thing. Whats worse is that when one get a hole I throw it out..but don't have the hear to throw away the other mate that doesn't yet have a hole...so I have a disproportionate number of socks in my drawer!!!

-Mallori said...

Oh Jamie. This made me giggle. Blogs are weird. But I didn't think it was weird until you said something!

Diana Smith said...

haha this is funny! I am not a big sock person, so I have never really had this problem! My husband does though and I know how annoying it can be!!

Kimberlee said...

I hate socks. In fact I own probably three pairs, because I never ever wear them.

Anonymous said...

How does that even happen? I've had socks from Walmart for years and years (which is actualy kind of gross when that I word it like that...) but that cracks me up!!

Anonymous said...

I think I went overboard with the word "that" in the comment above. :/

Ashley said...

Maybe this is why I prefer going barefoot. I never run into this problem. ;]

michael. mindy. dane. said...

i don't think i even own any socks anymore. i always wear michael's. ha. so i don't think you're gross!

Lucky Monkey said...

If you check out Ross, they have a nice selection of nice quality but not expensive socks. I have bee on a sock shopping spree for me and my boys lately because all of our socks are facing the same situation as yours. Ross is the best place I have found.

Unknown said...

It depends on what type of socks you're looking for. You can buy really cheap socks...if you want socks that are good for outdoorsy stuff and are butt ugly, we buy them at costco for my husband. Other than that, I stick by target. You can get cheap $1 socks that will last you a while, or you can buy nicer, more expensive socks. My suggestion, buy a lot of them and then you won't wear them out in a month. I have like 100 pairs of socks.

Michael and Jodisue said...

This was a real fun read Jamie! Your blogs always are! And like many others said--no worries--I always steal my husband's socks too!

Anonymous said...

I also have problems: (
My parents forced me to go with hole in socks. Shame on often in school. Often, looking 2-3 toes out on each foot. Parents call it small air holes. Parents have Never operate the holes in their socks.

Anonymous said...

I've brought cheap socks and expensive socks they both wear out in a few weeks. Mostly wool/cotton mix.
I'm now at the stage of just buying 5 pairs per month. What has happened to quality!!!